Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA) 404 Specialist
IEM is actively seeking creative and highly talented Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA) Specialist for a deployable opportunity in Puerto Rico.
The HMA Specialist will be responsible for grant and sub-grant activities for FEMA-related hazard mitigation grant programs.
In addition, you may work with displaced residence and/or responsible government program administrators to explain mitigation options and further provide grant administration services related to the Hazard Mitigation programs.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills are essential
- Demonstrated training or large group facilitation skills desired
- Ability to work in a difficult environment with local and federal partners
- Ability to organize and write clear, concise technical reports for delivery to customers is essential
- Ability to master new concepts and deliver quality results at an accelerated pace against tight deadlines
- Functional usage of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access
- Clear understanding of FEMA HMA programs, laws, regulations, guidance s, policies and the Disaster Recovery Reform Act (D.R.R.A.)
- Computer Web-based software
Experience with the following are highly desirable:
- HMA application development and review (PDM, HMGP, FMA etc.)
- Global Match implementation
- Grant and sub-grant Management
- Developing Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Request for reimbursement review and reimbursement processing
- Grant and sub-grant closeout processing
- Basic understanding of Benefit Cost Analysis (BCA) reports
- Expertise in Hazard Mitigation Assistance grants (HMGP, FMA, and PDM)
- Proficient knowledge base and experience developing applications (Large, small, traditional and non-traditional)
- Efficient in NEMIS and eGrants
- Must be able to work on multiple IT platforms
- Provide one writing sample
- Provide brief narrative of two types of mitigation project you were involved in and what level of involvement you had
- Provide 2 references
- All work experience MUST include location, client and company who you worked for
Associated topics: algorithm, application, c++, c#, developer, matlab, php, programming, sde, sdet
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...